Wednesday, October 7, 2009

DUT fashion show




I was at the DUT fashion show on the 2nd of October. I was interested to see how the students would interpret the seasons fashion. The nipped-waist, belled-skirt silhouette with simple forms were worked into the collections.

I have been watching many of the Spring/Summer 2010 collections from the fashion shows around the world. I did notice the fashion designers used things outside of the clothing to bring across their concepts. There were layers of necklaces and earrings by Dolce and Gabbana and bags and other accessories by many fashion designers. I found there was a lack in the use of accessories in the DUT fashion show. I feel that using other things other than the clothing can introduce the audience to your concept. Accessories are a tool to be used to tell an individual story so I think fashion designers should use them.

It might be that the lack of finances could be a factor, but with some creativity, I think it can be done.

1 comment:

lungi said...

i was one of the designers who participated. well it was a fashion show and the main focus was the clothing. I think all of us just felt it would be better for poeple to focus on our craftsmanship rather that saying "oh I luv those foschini earings".