Monday, June 15, 2009

Holly Golightly

When I thought a photo shoot would be interesting, I had no idea what that really meant. I like to say these things sometimes like "I doing a fashion show" or " a photo shoot would be fun". So now I have to organise one.

I was house sitting this weekend and watch the classic movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. Audrey Hepburn is so stylish and the thought her carefree life is so romantic. She plays the role of Holly Golightly, a twenty-something who moves to New York to live the high life and hopefully find herself a rich husband. Holly's mission doesn't go as planned. She finds refuge at Tiffany's Jewelley store where she says "nothing really bad could happen to her there".

I like the reference to jewellery as a refuge and escape. The place to go when all is not well with the world. I would like to use the movie as the theme for the photo shoot of my jewellery. Only bringing it into my current context. I don't want to be too literal with it. No replicas of the famous photographs but just the feeling and the story. Lets see what happens.

1 comment:

KRSDBR said...

Hey Lusanda... Don't forget to say/show what happened.... keep