Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fashion show part 6


This is on the earrings for the fashion show. The design began a few months ago with a picture from the Elle magazine. The dress had circle print on it and i wanted a piece of jewellery that would work for the outfit in the picture. Since I began focusing on design jewellery for a fashion show, the clothing became important. The colour and where on the body it could fit. I had old buttons hung up on the board in front of me that echoed the circle print on the dress. I had cut out discs out of copper for enameling. I pierced out a floral motif from the discs and enameled with black. I noticed that when put against the yellow button it made a good contrast for the earring and worked for the colour in the fashion show( yellow, purple, brown, blues,white).

This seems to fall into a ready to wear jewellery category of fashion jewellery. In that it will work for the ramp and for everyday wear. As apposed the theatrical jewellery seen at fashion shows.

No comments: